Grand Opening Event Details
The Paws Colinas dog park will open to the public on Saturday, June 19th at 9 am. Join the Las Colinas Association and The City of Irving for the grand opening event in partnership with CityVet. Pups are guaranteed to be spoiled with treats, giveaways and plenty of four-legged fun. Show your best friend who’s the goodest pup by reserving them a spot to the official opening.
Paws Colinas Grand Opening Raffle
Win a Four-Paw Experience in Las Colinas With Your Pup
To celebrate the grand opening of the new Paws Colinas dog park, the Las Colinas Association has teamed up with pet-friendly hotels and local businesses to offer four pawsome prize packages.
Enter for one or all four of the prize packages and feel good knowing that your contribution is going to pups in need. 100% of the proceeds will be donated directly to the DFW Humane Society.
Paws Colinas Features
Dog Park Rules
- Per City Ordinance Section 25-1.9 Animal Ordinance 5621: Animal waste shall be removed by a person attending to the animal.
- The park is open from sunrise to sunset unless otherwise noted. The City of Irving has the authority to close the site at any time including but not limited to maintenance, inclement weather, turf conditions, and special permit.
- Park users and dog owners/handlers assume all risks related to the use of the dog park.
- Owners/handlers are responsible for the actions and conduct of their dogs. There is a limit of two dogs per person.
- Children age 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult inside the fenced area. Children under age three are not allowed.
- There are no food, treats, or drinks allowed inside the fenced area.
- Dogs less than 25 pounds must use the small dog area. Dogs 25 pounds and heavier must use the large dog area.
- Dogs must be older than 6 months. Female dogs in heat and dogs with fresh wounds are not allowed in the dog park.
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the dog park. Dog owners/handlers must have a leash in possession at all times.
- Dogs must be under voice control and in sight of owners/handlers at all times. Any dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior must be leashed and removed immediately.
- Owners/handlers must properly dispose of waste left by their dogs and fill in any holes dug by their dogs.
- Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated with current tags displayed on their collar. Spike, prong and pinch collars are not allowed.
MONTHLY MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
- Due to the high use of the dog park, the Las Colinas Association implements a monthly rotation of the “Front” and “Rear” play pens on the first day of each month.
- For the safety of the dogs and their owners, we are focusing on repairing holes, wash outs, improving turf and making other necessary repairs. Once the repairs are made, users need to remain off the area for a month for the soil to settle and the turf to get re-established.
- The process will rotate throughout the year. There will always be one group of play pens open year-round.