THE HISTORY BEHIND THE HILLS
In 1973, founder Ben H. Carpenter began transforming his family ranch, El Ranchito De Las Colinas, into a premier master-planned community guided by a Master Declaration.
Within the first seven years of developing the land, more than 130 corporate firms would move to the community, Las Colinas. Carpenter’s attention to detail in building Las Colinas can be seen in the Urban Center’s granite curbs, the quality of the patina on the surface of The Mustangs of Las Colinas and the parks throughout the community.
Through it all, Las Colinas has continued to maintain a community of lasting value and presence.
- 22.5 million sq. ft. of office space, 8.5 million sq. ft of light industrial and distribution space, more than 1.3 million sq. ft. of retail space
- 44,000 residents, 30 residential neighborhoods and 27 homeowner sub-associations
- More than 190 acres of parks and greenbelts, 17 miles of canal waterways and 10 miles of riverside hiking and biking trails
- Total taxable base of more than $6.1 billion and home to 2,000+ corporations including the world headquarters of ExxonMobil, Kimberly-Clark and Fluor
- Las Colinas is served by superior highway systems which include SH-114, SH-161 and I-635